Saturday, February 18, 2006

Japan Mail Version 1.4

I made some updates to the Japanese e-mail program I wrote for my wife. The biggest update was to support address books containing Unicode (i.e. Japanese) names. The standard simple MAPI object does not support Unicode, so I had to use the extended MAPI library (not very fun). I hope to write up an article that discusses the pain I went through to get this to work properly in the near future.

Updated on 12/22/2010: I no longer have Japan Mail available for download because Office 2003 and above correctly encode Japanese e-mail messages. If for some reason you would like a copy, send me a note and I will e-mail it to you.

No comments: